Phantoms Mask
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:For Phans | By Phans:.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Favorite Character!
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:18 am by PhantomoftheOperafan80

» Phavorite Phantom Philm
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:15 am by PhantomoftheOperafan80

» NYPD said a police officer
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 am by leofuner

» Protesters shut the
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 am by leofuner

» Police captain arrested
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 am by leofuner

» Demonstrators massed
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 am by leofuner

» The Verizon skyscraper
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 am by leofuner

» At least 300 people were
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 am by leofuner

» The Gallery has been deleted, because it was staff-only
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am by leofuner

» The Gallery has been
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am by leofuner

»  --Cross Posted From The Portal
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:32 am by leofuner

» Competition Instructions
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 am by leofuner

» stone set on a band but
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am by leofuner

» So do you end
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am by leofuner

» Click here for the topic.
A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 am by leofuner

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:42 am

Devilina

With Halloween quickly approaching, isn’t it time we had another Morbidity Contest? This Halloween Contest will be hosted and administered courtesy of scots_rock_god and Devilina. Now is the time to rack your brains to come up with the best gothic inspired, creeptastic Phantom fiction since Leroux. Because past contests that were hosted by Siren/Scorpion ran so smoothly we saw no need to reinvent the wheel. Rules shall basically remain the same with a few tweaks. We hope to make this Halloween Morbidity Contest a very successful one so tell your friends about it and enter as many fics as you can. Best of luck to everyone and don’t hold back.

If you have any questions regarding the following rules, please PM us, Devilina07/Devilina & scots_rock_god, or email us (Devilina07@hotmail.com or scots_rock_god@msn.com) with your questions. To widen the scope of this contest no one board will be the main information site. Instead all information and entries will be posted on their own website.

SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES:

1. Submissions must be complete one-shot Phantom of the Opera stories with a beginning, a middle, and an end.

2. DEADLINE for entries is October 17th at midnight Eastern Time.

3. Stories must be DARK/morbid/twisted/horrific in some way. Sappy angst does not count. Because the contest is being run for Halloween we are encouraging morbidity, however, please remember your audience. Morbidity for morbidity's sake, while interesting for some, is not everyone’s cup of tea. However, do not feel that your stories must be "morbid" by exact definition. As long as they are an example of truly "dark phic," they will qualify just fine. And, as always, no R-rated sexual content allowed. This last portion will be strictly adhered to.

4. Only serious stories will be accepted for this contest. No "humor phics." That is not to say that your story can't involve dark humor or twisted, just as long as it is not something that would be categorized in the "humor" genre. No tongue in cheek stories or parodies are to entered.

5. Word LIMIT is 3,000 words. Word MINIMUM is 1,000 words. We are giving everyone a leeway of 100 words over the limit.

6. Maximum number of entries allowed per author is TWO. And, as always, collaborations are allowed.

7. In order to submit your entries to Mort Rouge, authors MUST register for the website. Entries can submitted by the authors via the Entries link after registering and logging in. Entries will be placed in holding for screening by the Administrators of the contest and will be posted for voting on October 18th.

8. This contest is ANONYMOUS, so do NOT post your stories online anywhere. No fanfiction, no aria, no livejournal, no DA, no personal websites, nowhere at all. If your story is found online before the VOTING is over, it will have to be disqualified. To encourage anyone from posting their story elsewhere while the contest is being run, we will be rewarding those who can legitimately point out where an offending fic is posted. The reward is yet to be determined. If you need a beta-reader, try to find a personal friend to do it or someone who will not be involved in the contest. If you really can't find anyone at all, we will be happy to beta as long as we don't get too overwhelmed.

VOTING:

1. You must read ALL stories before voting. Fics will be posted for voting on October 18th. It is highly recommended to read the stories in the order they have been posted as they are arranged in the best possible order so that the reading of none has a negative effect on another.

2. Voting will be conducted at www.mortrouge.com. In order to vote, each reader MUST first register with the Mort Rouge website in order to submit votes. Your top 5 stories of choice shall be ranked in order of preference using the drop down boxes on the Entries Page -- #1 being first place, #5 being 5th place. The order you place them in is very important and can completely change the outcome of the voting. Do not make your votes public until after the contest is over. Discussion of stories is entirely open as long as anonymity of authorship is maintained. If questions arise regarding any of the stories, authors will need to wait until after the voting in order to respond to them. Keep in mind that the identities of the authors will be revealed after voting closes and the final results are posted. When voting is closed, all stories will be listed in order of their placement from 1st place to last place.

3. Authors must participate in voting. If they fail to vote, votes for their own stories will become null and void. Authors may not choose their own stories for any of their votes.

4. Voting is open until midnight Eastern Time on October 30th. The results will be posted the next day in time for Halloween.

5. After you have voted for your top 5, vote one story for each for the honorary categories listed below. The stories you choose for these categories can be the same or different from your top 5 and you may vote the same story for more than one category if you feel it deserves it. If you don't feel any of the stories fit these categories, you may leave them blank. The awards below are named after famous gothic authors to honor their contribution to the genre.

Special Awards:

A. The LeFanu Award (the story that most shocked you with its twist)
B. The Polidori Award (the darkest story, not necessarily morbid)
C. The Mary Shelley Award (the story that most satisfies the connotation of "morbid")
D. The Bram Stoker Award (the story you most enjoyed)
E. The Walpole Award (the story with the most original idea)
F. The Poe Award (the story you feel was best-written)
G. The Byron Award (that story that struck you as having the greatest beauty)
H. The Leroux Award (the best example of gothic romance in this contest)

Mort Rouge/Red Death Morbidity Contest Website

And that's it!

Forums/Boards participating are:
TheTikiLounge.net
PhansOnline.net
MusicalFans.net
PhantomOfTheOpera.com
Le Phorum
Phantom's Mask.net

Last edited by on Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

2A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:43 am

Devilina

So that there is no confusion, when you submit your entries please include your handle by which you want to be associated with along with your actual name. RedDeath Edit: No contestants are allowed to give out their actual name. I do not allow it. Sorry!

Also, feel free to post the entries in this thread, and there will be a poll at the end for the winners.

Also, once you submit your entries you will get a confirmation email from myself, Devilina, that I have recieved it. Please make sure you receive this email otherwise we might not have gotten your piece.

3A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:25 am

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Okay, sounds like a good idea. I'm justing moving this thread to The Ticket Booth. Arrow

http://xnecronomiconx.weebly.com

4A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:48 pm

ParadiseLost

ParadiseLost
Auditioner
Auditioner

scots_rock_god is not a member...

But I will join in anyway.

5A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:17 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Laughing Too true. Okay, me three. I think Devilina07 may be a bot... Maybe not, but...Maybe. If not, the contest still goes on. If so, it still does but under new rules.

6A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:28 pm

Devilina

The website for the Halloween Morbidity Contest is now available for viewing. Please note that the two sections which are currently available are only the Contest Rules and Voting Guidelines. This is a site devoted solely to the contest and there are no ads.

7A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:31 pm

Devilina

ParadiseLost wrote:scots_rock_god is not a member...

But I will join in anyway.
I should have edited that post. scots_rock_god is not a member yet. I took the same post and copied it to other boards as well. So far we have 5 boards particpating in total.

8A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:08 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Ookay.

9A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:39 am

Devilina

A reminder that entries are due in 21 days.

10A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:07 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

I'll enter mine ON the day. And, just to be sure, as you going to actually participate in this forum or are you just here to advertisment purposes?

11A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:51 pm

Devilina

A Reminder That All Entries Are Due In 11 Days

And I do plan on participating on this board, I'm just currently consumed with this contest. Once it's over, I'll post in other places. Smile

12A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:25 am

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Good. I'm nearly finished with my essay.

13A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:15 am

Devilina

One Week Left Until Entries Are Due!

I've already received a few, but I want to remind everyone who might be participating. The website is up and running and now we're just waiting for those entries, so keep rolling them in.

14A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:55 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

I am perfecting mine... And trying my best... I dunno if I'll even enter it...

15A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:16 pm

Devilina

A Reminder To All: Entries Are Due In 4 Days!!

16A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:28 pm

Devilina

OUR RULES HAVE BEEN MODIFIED REGARDING THE SUBMISSION OF STORIES AND VOTING! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY.

Regarding the submissions:
In order to submit your entries to Mort Rouge, authors MUST register for the website. Entries can submitted by the authors via the Entries link after registering and logging in. Entries will be placed in holding for screening by the Administrators of the contest and will be posted for voting on October 18th.

Regarding Voting:
Voting will be conducted at www.mortrouge.com. In order to vote, each reader MUST first register with the Mort Rouge website in order to submit votes. Your top 5 stories of choice shall be ranked in order of preference using the drop down boxes on the Entries Page -- #1 being first place, #5 being 5th place. The order you place them in is very important and can completely change the outcome of the voting. Do not make your votes public until after the contest is over. Discussion of stories is entirely open as long as anonymity of authorship is maintained. If questions arise regarding any of the stories, authors will need to wait until after the voting in order to respond to them. Keep in mind that the identities of the authors will be revealed after voting closes and the final results are posted. When voting is closed, all stories will be listed in order of their placement from 1st place to last place.

To read the rules thoroughly, please visit the contest website:

AND A REMINDER THAT ALL STORIES ARE DUE IN 1 DAY!!

17A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:07 am

Devilina

Only 24 hours left until all stories are due.

We have added forums for submission discussions and suggestions for the next contest.

Visit: Mort Rouge.com and click on Forums which is next to the Log In. Or you may visit: Mort Rouge Forums

18A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:32 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Okay, thanks for telling me NOW. Laughing

It doesn't look like there are any participants at this forum. 😉 I would under normal circumstances, but, it's not finished yet...

Sorry.

19A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Empty Re: A Halloween POTO Morbidity Contest! Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:00 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

And since the contest is over, this will be moved into the Cemetery. PM me if I have made an error in judging the termination.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum