Phantoms Mask
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:For Phans | By Phans:.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Favorite Character!
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:18 am by PhantomoftheOperafan80

» Phavorite Phantom Philm
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:15 am by PhantomoftheOperafan80

» NYPD said a police officer
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 am by leofuner

» Protesters shut the
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 am by leofuner

» Police captain arrested
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 am by leofuner

» Demonstrators massed
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 am by leofuner

» The Verizon skyscraper
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 am by leofuner

» At least 300 people were
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 am by leofuner

» The Gallery has been deleted, because it was staff-only
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am by leofuner

» The Gallery has been
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am by leofuner

»  --Cross Posted From The Portal
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:32 am by leofuner

» Competition Instructions
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 am by leofuner

» stone set on a band but
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am by leofuner

» So do you end
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am by leofuner

» Click here for the topic.
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 am by leofuner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christine's Feelings for The Phantom

+6
ErikIsLove
operaghost666
Resident of box 5
LucyDeLeNoir
EarlCarpenterFan
RedDeath
10 posters

Do you think Christine began to have a change-of-heart for the Phantom?

Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Df425%Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Nu8 25% [ 3 ]
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Df458%Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Nu8 58% [ 7 ]
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Df40%Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Nu8 0% [ 0 ]
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Df48%Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Nu8 8% [ 1 ]
Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Df48%Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Nu8 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:46 am

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

This refers more to the ALW musical, but the novel could be included in your decision, if you'd like.
My question to you is this:
Do you believe that, towards the end of the story, Christine began to experience feelings for the Phantom? Either sexual, loving, or simply caring/ adorarion of him.
I don't want any Phantom/Christine love relationship talk, or comments like "She always loved Erik," etc. Just answer the question in your own opinion using whatever medium (film, musical, novel) that you like.

http://xnecronomiconx.weebly.com

2Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:23 am

EarlCarpenterFan

EarlCarpenterFan
Lead Singer
Lead Singer

I voted for the second option.
I wrote to JOJ earlier this year and asked him if he thought Christine loves the Phantom and he referred me to Stockholm Syndrome, which I then looked up on Wikipedia..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockholm_syndrome

JOJ's idea probably makes more sense but I like to think that she loved him.

http://www.myspace.com/earlcarpenterfan

3Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:47 am

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

I LOVE JOJ. His Phantom is my 2nd favorite of all!
And that sounds like a good idea. I've never heard of that ailment.
I voted for 2 as well because even though she does not wish him dead, and at the end you can sesne hesitation when she leaves him, she still could never see herself living out a life with him.

4Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:29 pm

LucyDeLeNoir

LucyDeLeNoir
Producer
Producer

I chose "it's possible".

5Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:10 pm

Resident of box 5

Producer
Producer

I agree with EarlCarpenterFan and JOJ.Thats probably it clean and simple. In a relationship it is obvious she would choose Raoul because instinct wise both genders choose mates with symmetry in looks as well as hormonal wise for female faces that look like a china dolls or a man with I don't know hairy it means that they are "ready" to mate . If you find a better way to explain what I just said please let them stand up and explain it to the rest of people.Give me a brake i'm tired.

~OG Punjab

http://www.myspace.com/the_true_opera_ghost

6Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty its possible Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:46 pm

operaghost666

operaghost666
Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass

i think it is possible that christine had a change of heart for the phantom if she realy hated erik she would of refused him also she dose feel bad for him as you can tell when she says " yet in his eyes all the saddness of the world those pleading eyes that boath threaten and adore" so it is possible

signd:O.G:punjab:

http://thephantomsopera.hqforums.net

7Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:59 pm

ErikIsLove

ErikIsLove
Auditioner
Auditioner

I think that she pitied him. If she cared for him it wasn't true love. She loved Raoul and she knew she couldn't stay with Erik. He would destroy her. I think throughout the ALW movie she was drawn to him sexually because of his seductive voice and his mystery. The end confused me slightly because at first she says "The tears i might have shed for your dark fate grow cold and turn to tears of hate!" but later she says "Pitiful creature of darkness. What kind of life have you known? God gave me courage to show you...you're not alone." but when she says this it suggests that she pitied him. she says that God gave her courage. If she loved him she wouldn't feel she needed it. she wouldn't be so scared.

8Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:33 pm

Lukrecja

Lukrecja
Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass

I agree with JOJ. Another thing... I feel here some kind of 'daddy issues' thing going on. Christine wasn't mentally healthy (uh, who in the Phantom story was?). Disconnected with reality, believing in angel of music, deeply missing her father and searching for somebody to care for her. Somebody, Erik in this case, appeared, so she trusted him. He was caring, nice, helped her... How could she not like him? But it was nothing more than love for father substitute (sp?). When it came to the point of coming from behind the mirror - surprise! It's not daddy, nor angel, just a man. I think that she was angry at Erik, she pitied him... No place for romantic love here. Actually, she reminds me those childish heroines from operas, like Madama Butterfly.

9Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:50 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

I agree. At first, she was in awe of him and adored him because he manipulated and used her father's story against her, which was wrong. (The "I gave you my mind blindly" part comes in here, for she notices this now).
Once she realized he was only a man- and a deformed man at that- her passion for him disappeared and was filled in with loathing and consternation. She was mad he exploited her, but was attracted to his voice and allure, and enticed by his love for her.
In the novel more so than anything, I sense that Christine was toying with Raoul, acting like she loved him- she did, after all- but using the Phantom as a back up to degrade Raoul. She liked being faught over because she was a young innocent girl. It was a game until Erik began to kill.

I always see Raoul as the innocent, virginal counterpart of Christine, not at all a fop, but a man who would do anything for her whereas Erik is the dark, sexual part of her coming out.
\Also, what do you think about PonR? Did Christine begin to fall for the Phantom until he had to steal Raoul's proposal, or was she simply seducing him to ensnare him?

Last edited by RedDeath on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more to add :D)

10Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:23 am

Viscountess duBois

Viscountess duBois
Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass

It really depends on the actress who plays Christine. For instance, I know that Sandra Joesph (sp?) leans more to E/C but others could act differently.

Overall, I think Chrisitne loved him in a way. After all, wouldn't one kiss have been enough for Erik?

http://twistedeveryway.freeforums.org

11Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:11 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Yes, like one time, I know the Phantom was JOJ but I forgot the Christine
JOJ copped a feel of the actresses chest during PONR, for added effect. Then, the Christine decided to grab his rump, and he was so shocked, he fell off the bench!

12Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Viscountess duBois

Viscountess duBois
Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass

Ha! The things actors do! Rolling Eyes Now, I'm not sure if the real Christine would have done that but that's so funny!

13Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:09 pm

Lukrecja

Lukrecja
Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass

Actually I think that 'real' Christine is one that everyone has in his imagination. Wink Some people think that she was pretty, popular girl, some thing that she was really crazy...

14Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Viscountess duBois

Viscountess duBois
Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass

You're right, it depends on perspective. But the Christine I was talking about was Leroux!Christine where Erik's face wasn't just half damaged. Sorry, purist Very Happy

15Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:19 pm

phantom glider

phantom glider
Lead Singer
Lead Singer

\"Also, what do you think about PonR? Did Christine begin to fall for the Phantom until he had to steal Raoul's proposal, or was she simply seducing him to ensnare him?"

I think Christine was just playing her part in Erik's opera untill she felt Erik's mask through his hood.

16Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:00 am

franka444

franka444
Patron
Patron

I think she had feelings for him 'cause she had second thoughts about betraying him.And when she was around him she didn't really know what was going around her she kind off just so him in the room and sort off forgot Raoul.And then when the phantom got all crazy and started terorizing everyone and everything she remembered Raoul.Thats my opinion.

http://www.clwnprincessofcime.deviantart.com

17Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Empty Re: Christine's Feelings for The Phantom Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:28 pm

phantom glider

phantom glider
Lead Singer
Lead Singer

good points! Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum