Phantoms Mask
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:For Phans | By Phans:.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Favorite Character!
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:18 am by PhantomoftheOperafan80

» Phavorite Phantom Philm
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:15 am by PhantomoftheOperafan80

» NYPD said a police officer
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 am by leofuner

» Protesters shut the
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 am by leofuner

» Police captain arrested
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 am by leofuner

» Demonstrators massed
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 am by leofuner

» The Verizon skyscraper
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 am by leofuner

» At least 300 people were
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 am by leofuner

» The Gallery has been deleted, because it was staff-only
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am by leofuner

» The Gallery has been
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am by leofuner

»  --Cross Posted From The Portal
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:32 am by leofuner

» Competition Instructions
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 am by leofuner

» stone set on a band but
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am by leofuner

» So do you end
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am by leofuner

» Click here for the topic.
ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 am by leofuner

You are not connected. Please login or register

ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse Empty ERIK: Portrait of a Living Corpse Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:00 pm

erikshahryar

erikshahryar
Ballet Rat
Ballet Rat

Hello everyone!

As a lifelong fan, I've always wanted to direct the be-all, end-all definitive film version of Leroux's novel as a big-budget Hollywood film someday; Since it is a dream project, I thought it would be fun to do a cheap dress-rehearsal version for the time-being.
__________________________________________________ _____
"He had a heart that could have held the empire of the world; and, in the end, he had to content himself with a cellar..." -Gaston Leroux

Obsession, passion, tragedy and triumph have made French author Gaston Leroux's The Phantom of the Opera a gothic masterpiece for the past century. The story of a horribly disfigured mad genius who dwells beneath the Paris Opera House, has captured the imaginations of filmmakers, writers and musicians for years, yet few have taken advatage of Leroux's rich text and atmosphere.

Aspiring filmmaker Ryan Bijan Jeri hopes to capture a little of what made the story great by directing and producing ERIK, a no-budget film, recounting the Opera Ghost's reign of terror from his point of view. This is no bottom of the barrel YouTube project. The crew and talent who began filming in June, 2010, aim to make the best film they can (on very limited funds) and plan to run the finished project in the festival circuit. ERIK features a talented cast and crew, including Spencer Wallace as Cinematographer and Asisstant Director, Music by Patrick Martin and Autumn Hyun as Christine Daae, the object of Erik's obsession. The production is basically fueled on love of the original novel, passion for the genre, and consists of a few starving artists and students wanting to make a short, sweet, gothic horror flick that's worth watching.

Hopefully fans of the original novel, Universal Monsters and Hammer Horror will enjoy it (and hardcore fans of the Joel Schumacher film starring Gerard Butler will be sorely disappointed.) This is Erik as Gaston Leroux envisioned him, and how I interpreted him. He's the tragic genius/sociopathic killer who is born horribly disfigured (not a fit GQ model with a mild rash that Christine nearly falls for in the end.) In many ways, despite the buget, ERIK will (hopefully) be alot closer to what Leroux described than many other adaptations, yet is a unique enough take to be enjoyed on its own.

Please checkout our different webpages for pics and updates:
http://www.wix.com/erikmoive/ERIK
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1787064/
https://www.facebook.com/ErikMovie
https://www.youtube.com/GastonLerouxsErik

__________________________________________________ _____

I know how near and dear the character and franchise is to so many people for different reasons, and hopefully all of the phans will find something of interest in my film. Like any good yarn, Gaston Leroux's novel has become an archetype for the genre, and posseses everything from horror and mystery, to exotic locations and adventure, to grand melodrama and romance.

While I certainly enjoy and respect the Lloyd Webber show and soundtrack as their own enteties, I first discovered POTO through the Universal and Hammer horror versions as well as the Leroux novel. While I respect most interpretations, I've always seen the original story as a dark thriller, and horror story first and foremost, not just as the lovey-dovey romance that has been popularized the last few years. While that interpretation understandably has its fans and merit, I hope to bring back a little bit of the much needed terror and creep factor to our version.

Thank you so much for looking! If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask!

- Ryan Bijan

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum