Phantoms Mask
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

.:For Phans | By Phans:.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Favorite Character!
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:18 am by PhantomoftheOperafan80

» Phavorite Phantom Philm
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptySun Aug 04, 2013 8:15 am by PhantomoftheOperafan80

» NYPD said a police officer
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:14 am by leofuner

» Protesters shut the
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 am by leofuner

» Police captain arrested
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:13 am by leofuner

» Demonstrators massed
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:10 am by leofuner

» The Verizon skyscraper
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 am by leofuner

» At least 300 people were
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 12:09 am by leofuner

» The Gallery has been deleted, because it was staff-only
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am by leofuner

» The Gallery has been
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:33 am by leofuner

»  --Cross Posted From The Portal
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:32 am by leofuner

» Competition Instructions
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:57 am by leofuner

» stone set on a band but
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am by leofuner

» So do you end
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am by leofuner

» Click here for the topic.
Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:51 am by leofuner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rehearsal Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:23 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Finally! A thread in which to discuss any mistakes and/or phlubs which have taken place at any Phantom musical you have been to! I've only had a few, but, here they are:
--US Tour (Last Year, February 11)
>During the Hannibal Rehearsals, when Buquet is accused of not manning the flies properly, the actor came down and said: "Please, Monsieur, don't look at me... Don't look at me... Don't look at me! Oh! As God's..." He had apparently forgotten his lines, but it was so funny!
>Another funny Hannibal moment. While they were rehearsing and the new managers enter, this Reyer cried: "Please, we are rehearsing! If you wouldn't mind mating a moment?" It sounded right because he was talking so fast and loud, but, you could detect the word "mate" over "wait". So funny.
>After Point of No Return, when The Phantom abducts Christine, Mme Giry is showing Raoul to the Lair. This Mme Giry actress cries: "He lives across the street, Monsieur!" Rather humorous.
>During "Prima Donna", the Carlotta went to sing and a HUGE gob of spit flew from her mouth and landed only a row in front of me (I was 3rd row). I wanted to go shower during intermission!
--London Shows (Various)
>My favorite moment, and why I love JOJ. On one of the three times I saw him, he did probably the funniest thing any Phantom could ever do. Christine tore his mask off at the end of PONR and he went crazy! He screamed "Noooo! No! Fuck! Goddamn you, bitch!" The audience was so stunned!
*Took me FOREVER to find it, but, here he is in that crazy moment! A great, rare clip indeed! Click here!
>One time, someone in the audience called out "forty" when Raoul was bidding for the music box! Everyone started laughing, even the cast!
>One night, the strangest thing happened with the portcullis. It was malfunctioning BIG TIME. During MOTN, when the Phantom is supposed to lower it, it went down about half-way and then stopped, and the Phantom (can't recall who--I'll find out) stepped back from it and acted like "If I act casual, they'll think it was MEANT to happen!" Then, during the final lair scene, when it was supposed to rise, it only went halfway again, so, in the best act of improv I have ever seen, the Phantom ducked, grabbed Raoul by the collar and pulled him into the lair, and hung him up by force. It was amazing! Really made him seem more insane!

Alright, that's all for me. How about fun ones for you guys??
I found this site, A Lamentable Mess, when looking for the JOJ clip, and it has TONS of funny moments and mistakes in ALW's musical! Some of mine are even on there!
A Lamentable Mess
RedDeath

http://xnecronomiconx.weebly.com

2Rehearsal Re: Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:25 pm

LucyDeLeNoir

LucyDeLeNoir
Producer
Producer

Oh my... JOJ freaking out. Creepy! But thanks so much, I loved it Laughing !
I've had only one memorable phlubbing scene... Sadly. It was the US Touring cast. The Final Lair sequence was the main problematic scene. When the Phantom was supposed to drop out of the secret compartment in the back of the throne, something malfunctioned and, instead, he remained seated. The Meg dropped the cloak back down and a loud BANG was heard, and the Phantom disappeared. Meg pulled the cloak away and revealed...
A bare seat. No mask. A few minutes later, the mask was pushed through the secret door, and Meg held it up, slightly laughing, and then dropped it to the floor. It was so appallingly funny that the audience and cast could not keep from laughing. It ended with giggling during the bows. Hilarious!

3Rehearsal Re: Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:00 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Oh God, I'd love to see a chair mistake!

4Rehearsal Re: Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:02 am

EarlCarpenterFan

EarlCarpenterFan
Lead Singer
Lead Singer

Yes, I've heard that the chair often 'goes wrong'! I heard a story about a Phantom having to play dead when Meg took the cloak off because she didn't hear him whispering that the chair hadn't worked.

I've only witnessed minor mistakes like Robyn North's veil falling off in Final Lair, and also the Phantom not 'popping up' in Box 5 to say "I'm here!" just before Don Juan when they're securing the doors etc.
I was given a backstage tour of Her Majesty's in April and the guy showed us the trap door (theres a better word for it but I can't remember what it is) that Raoul jumps through after PONR, and he said that there have been a few nasty accidents when the actors have missed the hole when they jumped!

http://www.myspace.com/earlcarpenterfan

5Rehearsal Re: Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:30 am

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Yes, I've heard of that happening with Raoul... Like, when he gets drenched by the buckets of water to appear having fallen into a lake. One hit his knee when he fell and was in agony the rest of the night. And another someone had his fly unbuttoned, so, Hugh Panaro as the Phantom kept doing these jerky hip motions, and Raoul looked down and the Christine had to run to him so he could discreetly zip up! Laughing

6Rehearsal Re: Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:29 am

EarlCarpenterFan

EarlCarpenterFan
Lead Singer
Lead Singer

I think there are often problems with the Phantom's make up too. Apparently Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman had ust finished the kiss when he realised that the lips from his make up were stuck to Sarah's lips! I can't remember exactly what happened, I have a feeling Michael pulled her back in so he could get them off again!

7Rehearsal Re: Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:16 pm

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Yes, I recall reading about that. It's happened to a lot of Phantoms! One time, Peter Karrie stuck his head out the window, in full makeup, to see what the weather was like, and scared the hell out of the entire street!
And another Crawford issues was speaking anything beginning or including a 'p'. Because the makeup putty on the lips blows outward. One time, he actually said '--prying pandora-' and the lips flew right off!

8Rehearsal Re: Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:30 pm

EarlCarpenterFan

EarlCarpenterFan
Lead Singer
Lead Singer

I also read that, quite recently, I think it was the Broadway production or the US tour, the boat wasn't working so the Phantom and Christine were 'walking on water'.

That must have been weird to watch!

9Rehearsal Re: Official Mistakes and Phlubs Thread Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:19 am

RedDeath

RedDeath
Main Phantom
Main Phantom

Yes, it happened to Gary Mauer once in the US Tour! I would have paid to see that! Supposedly the music was still playing, so, he waited for the chorus and yelled OUT OF THE BOAT and pulled the Christine out and away.

10Rehearsal i loved it Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:50 am

operaghost666

operaghost666
Back Stage Pass
Back Stage Pass

oh my god that was to funny i nearly fell out of my chair i feel bad for the preformers who hurt them shelfs during the preformence but the way they hurt them shelfs is funny i am going to see the play in newyork on may 24 if any thing weird or funny happens i will post it

signd:O.G

http://thephantomsopera.hqforums.net

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum